The Salesforce Spring ’22 Release is on the horizon. Let’s take a look at some of the upcoming features!
NOTE: Spring ’22 is currently in preview. Therefore, the features are subject to change.
Spring '22 Key Dates
For further information, click here
|Preview Release Notes
|22nd December 2021
|Sandbox Cut-off date
|6th January 2022
|7th/8th January 2022
|Spring '22 Release Site Live
|7th January 2022
|First Release Weekend
|14th January 2022
|Release Readiness Broadcasts
|4th/11th February 2022
|Second Release Weekend
|4th February 2022
|Final Release Weekend
|11th/12th February 2022
Reminder: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Analytics: Reports and Dashboards
- Easily Find the Right Report Type for New Reports (Beta). Enhanced Report Type selector for when creating Reports. Preview Objects and Fields available within a Report Type and Reports that use it. Hide unwanted Report Types. Lightning Experience Only.
- In short, it helps users select the right Report Types before ‘creating’ a Report.
- Edit Multiple Fields Inline on the Report Run Page (Beta). Users can make multiple updates within a Report and save them at once.
- To clarify, this brings Report inline editing closer to List Views. This is a great addition to help with updating data
- Choose Where Your Prompts Appear. Select the page and/or app where a prompt will appear
- Add Images to a Prompt with a URL. Directly reference external images within a prompt or walkthrough, via a URL. Supported file types: .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif hosted on a CSP (Content Security Policy) trusted site.
These updates further enhance In-App Guidance. It empowers us to produce targeted and engaging content. For more information on In-App Guidance, please click here.
- Clear Workspace Tabs for New Console Sessions: Admins can default a Lightning Console app to open without loading the prior session’s tabs.
Lightning Consoles tabs are usually ‘sticky’. They remain open until a user closes them. As a result, workspaces can become cluttered. Admins can now default an app’s tabs to close when a new session is started.
Tip: Before enabling, consult your users. If users are used to tabs remaining open, enabling this could cause confusion. There are various keyboard shortcuts for Lightning Console Apps which can help users manage their tabs. For example, shift + w closes all unpinned tabs.
Einstein Search is being enhanced. For example, allowing users to adjust Natural Language Search Results and Distinguishing Users or Groups with Profile Images. However, my favourite is:
When enabled, users can use search terms such as ‘My Tasks This Week’. This provides users another way to get actionable information easily. For more information on other supported objects, click here.
One feature which caught my attention was:
- Reduce Email Fatigue with Einstein Engagement Frequency. ‘Einstein Engagement Frequency’ can be enabled (in Pardot Advanced/Premium). It predicts how frequently an individual customer should be contacted.
Assuming there is enough data, an ‘Einstein Engagement Frequency’ is calculated. This can be used in list filters and Engagement Studio. As a result, it helps avoid over-sending. Given it is easy to send too many emails, this insight can be invaluable.
Last, but far from least, there are many updates to Flows. Some of my favourites so far are:
- Orchestrator (Generally Available). Guide users through complex, multi-person flows. Create ‘Stages’ of a process and assign actions to members of the team.
- Visualize All Your Record-Triggered Flows in One Place with Flow Trigger Explorer. Easily see other Record-Triggered Flows on an object. For example, other Account Record-Triggered Flows running on create, update or delete actions.
- Generate Choice Options from Record Collections. Display choices in a screen flow, based on values stored within a collection.
- Filter Items into a Collection in Flow Builder. Filter a collection, without changing the original values. For example, filter a collection containing ‘All Accounts’ by your desired criteria. Both the ‘filtered’ and ‘original’ collection can still be used in your flow. No need to loop!
- Define the Run Order of Record-Trigger Flows for an object. Control the order that Record-Triggered Flows run by assigning a trigger order value between 1-2000.
- Convert Workflow Rules to Flow with Migrate to Flow Tool (Beta). Workflows and Process Builders are eventually being retired. Whilst no definitive date has been set, it is anticipated we will no longer be able to create new Workflows and Process Builders by the end of 2022. To help with this, Salesforce is creating tools, such as the Workflow to Flow migration tool which is in Beta in Spring ’22!
And there's more...
Spring ’22 has many new features. Whether it be one of the (many) Flow enhancements, Reporting , In-App guidance or something else, there is plenty available to look into. Be sure to check out the Release Notes for further information.
The Spring ’22 logo is the property of Salesforce.
Bonus Penguin Fact
Its nearly Christmas and hopefully you have all of your shopping organised by now! However, you may be surprised to learn what Gentoo penguins like as a gift, well, other than fish, squid and crustaceans!
For a male Gentoo, a thoughtful gift to woo a potential partner is a pebble. Specifically, small, smooth pebbles. The reason for this is that, due to living in the Antarctic, nest building materials are sparse. Pebbles are the perfect nest building material. They elevate nests from the ground, whilst allowing rain, melting snow or ice to drain through the nest.
If you don’t believe me, watch this video!
Thank you for reading and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Found this article useful? Why not share!