It’s time for another #LightningFlap! In this post, we’ll cover Einstein Search. This is Generally Available in Summer ’21.
We’ll show what Einstein Search is, how to set it up and use it. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Einstein Search?
First introduced in Winter ’20, Einstein Search is the next-generation of Salesforce Search.
It empowers users with:
- Personalisation: Einstein learns your preferences. Results are tailored to you
- Natural Language Search: Use everyday language to find records (e.g. my leads)
- Actionable Instant Results: See record previews, links, actions etc. All directly from the search
- Knowledge Advanced Search: Find relevant knowledge articles easier. Click here for more information
How do I set it up?
Enabling Einstein Search is simple. However, be sure to test the functionality in a sandbox and check the Considerations.
The first choice you will have is whether to enable it for selected users or the entire org. Salesforce recommends enabling for the entire org. If you prefer to enable for selected users via Permission Sets, please follow the steps outlined here. In this article, we’ll discuss how to setup Einstein Search for all users.
NOTE: Org-wide settings override settings applied to individual users via Permission Sets.
To enable Einstein Search for all users, follow these steps:
Go to Setup. In Quick Find, search ‘Einstein Search’
When the page loads, select which features you wish to enable. It is recommended to enable all.
NOTE: Personalised and Actionable Results can be enabled separately. Natural Language Search requires Actionable Instant Results. Click here for more information.
When ready, click save.
That’s Einstein Search enabled! Search results will improve with usage. In addition, you can customise Search Layouts. Let’s take a look at this next.
How to Setup Search Layouts
Make the results as helpful as possible. For example, lets say your users want to see the ‘Parent Account’ field when previewing records. Search Layouts allow you to do just that. These can be tailored on a profile specific basis, with up to 10 fields shown.
To do so, go to: Setup | Einstein Search | Search Layouts | Select your desired object
From there, select to update the Default Layout, or layouts for specific Profiles. Click here for more info.
How will Einstein Search help users?
Einstein Search has a number of key benefits for users:
- Suggested searches
- Record previews, actions and related lists
- Suggested List Views (and previews)
- Natural Language Search (e.g. search for ‘My Accounts’ to see a list of your Account records) Recommended results
Been tempted by Einstein Search? Before enabling, please consider the following:
- Test in a Sandbox and show to your Users.
- Understand what Actions and information are needed on Layouts. For example, engage your users to understand what they need
- Be aware of limitations in functionality (e.g. Objects supported). Click here
- Consider the use of Global Models and data processing within Einstein. Click here
Einstein Search is Generally Available in Summer ’21. This article has shown some of its capabilities. Be sure to test and tailor the functionality to suit your business needs. However, if suitable for your business, it has the potential to boost productivity and provide a holistic search experience for your Salesforce Users.
Bonus Penguin Fact
Did you know the smallest Penguin species is the Little Penguin. Native to New Zealand and Australia, the Little Penguin is typically 30-35 cm tall, with a weight of only 1.5kg.
Found this article useful? Why not share?
Or check out some of our other articles: